Valentine’s Day and chocolate go together like salt and pepper, bread and butter, shoes and socks; but unfortunately, chocolate doesn’t usually go so well with weight loss. That being said, we’re firm believers that weight loss shouldn’t be about deprivation. It should be about learning ways to enjoy healthier versions of the things you love so that you can sustain the lifestyle over the long term. That’s why, we’ve developed this low carb (keto friendly!) peanut butter chocolate fudge recipe to prove it to you.
This Valentine’s Day you can satisfy your chocolate craving — and celebrate love — without any of the unhealthy ingredients or any of the guilt. This recipe is easy to put together and it makes 16 servings so you can share — or save extra for later when that sweet tooth hits.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, unsweetened
- 10 drops liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups smooth peanut butter, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 20 drops liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
What To Do:
- Line an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients for bottom layer. Stir together over low heat until melted and everything is mixed well.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into lined baking pan and chill in the freezer to set, about 15 minutes.
- While bottom layer is cooling, combine remaining ingredients with a hand mixer. Pour on top of chocolate layer and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Cut into 16 equal portions and store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat, up to 2 weeks.