Healthy Recipe: Golden Milk (Haldi Ka Doodh)
Last week, we talked about turmeric and the potent health benefits associated with this powerful spice. While you could easily add the spice to savory dishes and soups, we wanted to help you think outside the box a little bit by introducing you to Golden Milk.
Golden Milk, traditionally known as Haldi Ka Doodh, dates back thousands of years with roots in the ancient branch of medicine called Ayurveda. According to Ayurvedic medicine, in addition to the benefits we discussed last week, the components of Golden Milk help support a healthy inflammatory response in the body, balance emotions, and support mental clarity. Traditionally, Golden Milk is consumed right before bedtime, but you can enjoy this simple and delicious “tea” at any time of the day.
What You Need:
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
What to Do:
- Combine all ingredients in blender until completely smooth.
- Transfer into a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until heated, but not boiling.
- Pour into a mug, sprinkle with cinnamon, and enjoy!
By e Creations
November 26, 2016
Nutrition, Health Tips