When diet and exercise routines still result in a weight loss plateau, what’s inside you, rather than what you’re doing on the outside, may be what’s holding you back. Micronutrients play an essential role in losing weight in everything from fat storage to your metabolism, and getting them tested can help make the most of your weight loss program.
Micronutrient Testing Basics
Micronutrient testing is a little known technique that creates a nutritional profile of the body. The process involves a simple blood test, which is then analyzed in a lab looking at the key vitamins and minerals that are necessary for weight loss. The resulting lab panel can help you and your doctor better guide your weight loss plan for maximum results.
Why It’s Important
The body needs a balance of specific vitamins and minerals to operate efficiently. Different micronutrients play varying roles in the body, and when your body is deficient in one nutrient, it can be enough to slow down your entire weight loss progress. By testing your micronutrients you can better design a nutritional diet plan that will help boost deficient nutrients through natural food selection or through vitamin and mineral supplements.
Nutrients Important to Your Weight Loss Program
- Zinc – Adequate zinc levels help suppress your appetite.
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D plays an essential role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, increasing energy and burning fat.
- Chromium – Chromium affects insulin sensitivity, helping the body process blood sugar more efficiently.
- Vitamin K – A deficiency in vitamin K can increase the body’s storage of fat instead of burning it for energy.
- Magnesium – Low levels of magnesium affect how well cells can utilize glucose for energy, affecting metabolism and fat storage.
The nutrients listed above are only a few of those tested for in each blood test. For a wider individual list, talk with your weight loss professional today about how a micronutrient test can help you find success in your weight loss program.
Image by : Håkan Dahlström