Healthy Recipe: Watermelon Salsa
Watermelon is the quintessential summer treat; and while it’s delicious just as it is, we like to shake things up a bit. This watermelon salsa is fresh, tasty, and easy to whip up on a whim. We like serving it with plantain chips, but feel free to serve it with your favorite salsa accompaniment.
What You Need:
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 c. seeded, finely chopped watermelon
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 c. chopped red onion
- 1/3 c. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Plantain chips, for serving
What To Do:
- Mix lime zest, lime juice, and honey in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except for plantain chips, in a large serving bowl. Fold together until combined. Pour lime and honey mixture over watermelon mixture. Toss until evenly coated.
- Serve with plantain chips.
By e Creations
June 16, 2017