It’s October, which means playoff baseball, especially if you’re a Red Sox or a Dodgers fan. Even if you don’t care about baseball, you’ll probably find yourself at some championship game and/or World Series party. What you may not find is a healthy snack that fits into your weight loss plan. The solution: bring one yourself! These Buffalo Cauliflower Bites have all the flavor of the traditional deep fried buffalo chicken wings, but with a better nutritional profile. They’re low fat, low carb, Keto, and paleo, so they’re sure to please everyone at the party.
What You Need:
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot sauce
- 1/4 cup ghee
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond meal, garlic, parsley, and salt in a large sealable plastic bag and shake to mix.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl. Add cauliflower and toss to coat completely.
- Transfer coated cauliflower to bag with almond meal mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake 30 minutes or until softened and slightly browned.
- While cauliflower is baking, combine hot sauce and ghee in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add cooked cauliflower. Toss to coat. Serve hot.
This weekend, we’re (unofficially) saying goodbye to summer with friends, family, celebrations, and cookouts. With these cookouts comes lots of temptation, but just because you’re watching what you eat, doesn’t mean you have to miss out.
Cauliflower is all the rage in the nutrition world right now – and for good reason. It’s packed with nutrients, low in carbohydrates, extremely versatile, and has a mild flavor that you can tweak to work for whatever you’re in the mood for. We played around in the kitchen a little bit to create these cauliflower tortillas that you can use in place of a bun for a low-carbohydrate option for those hot dogs and burgers this weekend. And we think they’re mighty good.
What You Need:
Small head of cauliflower
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
Other spices, optional
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Take a small head of cauliflower and put it through a food processor to make cauliflower “rice”. Measure out about 3 cups (packed) and steam in a veggie steamer for about 5 minutes.
- Allow “rice” to cool and then place in a nut bag and strain out all of the excess water (THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT). If you don’t have a nut bag, you can use a cheesecloth or a towel to squeeze out all the excess liquid.
- Put the cauliflower in a bowl and add 2 eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. You can get creative here and add some more spices and/or herbs depending on the flavor you want.
- Mix everything together until incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put about 1/4 cup of the mixture on the parchment paper. Use a fork to spread it out into a thin round layer. Repeat until you’ve used all the mixture (you may need two baking sheets). Cook for 10 minutes and then flip “tortilla” over and cook for another 5 – 6 minutes.
You’re done! You can eat these right away or bring them along with you to your cookout. To eat them later, just heat up the tortilla on the grill (for just a couple minutes) when you’re ready to eat it.
We hope you enjoy!